Sikar is a historical and cultural city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Here are seven of the 7 best tourist places in Sikar:
- Harshnath Temple: This ancient temple is located on top of a hill and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple dates back to the 10th century and is known for its intricate carvings.
- Madho Niwas Kothi: This beautiful palace was built in the 19th century and is a great example of Rajasthani architecture. It is now a heritage hotel that offers a glimpse into the opulent lifestyle of the royals.
- Fatehpur Shekhawati: This small town is famous for its havelis, which are intricately painted mansions that date back to the 18th century. The town also has a beautiful fort and a temple dedicated to Lord Rama.
- Jeenmata Temple: This ancient temple is located in the Aravalli Hills and is dedicated to the goddess Durga. It is one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan and attracts a large number of devotees.
- Khatu Shyamji Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is famous for its annual fair, which attracts thousands of devotees. The temple is located in a scenic location and is surrounded by hills and forests.
- Sikar Fort: This ancient fort was built in the 17th century and is located in the heart of the city. It is a great example of Rajput architecture and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Bawdi: This ancient stepwell is located on the outskirts of Sikar and is a great example of Rajasthani engineering. The stepwell has over 100 steps and is surrounded by beautiful carvings and sculptures.